i'm working on some wedding invites for my cousin.
these are some options i'm giving them.
i found a bunch of vintage etiquette books on marriage from how to be a good wife, how to keep balance in your relationship and tips for the bedroom. pretty funny stuff. i'm thinking of running them through my inkjet to keep costs down for these guys. i've done it before and it can be a pretty cool effect.
this is a graphic i did in the beginning that i'm not really liking anymore.

i had been searching online for months for old botanical illustration books and never found any we could afford. i did however find this one image. the larger piece is some what of a keepsake as an event announcement and the little card has the details which would be removable.

another botanical image.

an old ad i found in a vintage wedding magazine.

we'll see what they gravitate to and then i'll start testing printing techniques...
4 comments:
these are fantastic april - I love all of them - I was jsut thinking about printing some stuff for Ruby on old vintage coloring books. I love that you fould an old marriage ettiquite book - thats perfect - are you doing other stuff for the wedding too? keep posting it its great!
Thanks for the comment!
vintage coloring books is a great idea.
I'll email you the link to where I found these books.
I think they are gravitating more to the botanical illustration images but we'll see. I'll post more as they come along.
Beautiful April.
really love the last two... nice.
Post a Comment